Saturday, May 28, 2011

May 28 - Novena To St. Jude

Most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of.

Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone. Make use I implore you, of that particular privilege given to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly...

If it's God will, then let my prayers be answered.

I've always prayed about Mark's way of treating me. I also asked for a sign. Are you showing it to me now, Lord? When we fought some last month, he told me I have a daughter and that I should look forward for her. He maybe right there. I may lose the only man I love and the one who ever really loved me, but my daughter is my flesh and blood. She is still young for her feelings to be played upon by someone who wants to play YOUR role. I am choosing her. Mark can make me his toy but I wont let her hurt my daughter's feelings. If you want me to be alone till I grow old, then I will accept it. I have already prayed for acceptance in my heart many times.

My daughter is the product of many prayers not just on my part but her father's part. Not just between us but a lot of people; our family and friends. If she's all I'm gonna have and I wont be blessed with any other children, then I will do all I can to protect, love and cherish her.

Mark's mom told me this and I'm sure one day she will understand me. And if I tell everyone of this choice, I think everyone will agree with me...

I AM A MOTHER.

YOUR will be done, my Lord.
...and that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever. I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.

Amen.

No comments: